Last week, South West London Pathology (SWLP) POCT Manager and Network Lead Haval Ozgun addressed laboratory and POCT managers in the near-patient testing conference and workshop in Dublin.
He presentations covered several topics, including:
- establishing and growing an effective and patient-centric POCT service
- creating a successful POCT business case
- the accreditation of a POCT service
- POCT connectivity and integration with laboratory and hospital information systems
- strategy for managing the training and competency in a large POCT service.
The event was facilitated by SWLP partner Radiometer and brought healthcare professionals together to collaborate, network, share ideas and discuss best practice. The event was well-received with great interactions on the day and excellent feedback from the delegates, with one describing the event as ‘very informative and inspiring’.
The SWLP POCT service continues to grow and push the boundaries of pathology in both secondary and primary care settings, with the aim of enhancing clinical pathways and improving patient care, outcomes and experience.