Latent tuberculosis infection testing
South West London Pathology provides a latent Tuberculosis Infection (LTBI) testing service for the London region on behalf of NHS England.
Our service includes arranging collection of the samples; analysis; interpretation reporting and feedback of the results.
Test flowchart explaining the process
SWLP LTBI Testing Flowchart v3.0
If you need to order a test use this request form
LTBI request form
Instructions on collecting and packaging a blood sample
SWLP LTBI Blood Collection v2.0
How to configure your IT system to receive results
Pathology Links Set Up (PMIP) v1.0
How to interpret an indeterminate result
QuantiFERON Indeterminate Results v1.0
- Find out more about QuantiFERON and the background to IGRA testing for latent TB infection at www.QuantiFERON.com
- Public Health England leaflet
Latent TB patient leaflet in English, Arabic, Bengali, Farsi (Persian), Gujarati, Hindi, Nepalese, Pashto, Punjabi, Somali, Tamil and Urdu.
- Public Health England’s new immigrant LTBI testing programme
- Latent TB testing algorithm – pdf
- NICE guidelines on TB diagnosis and treatment
Fine needle aspiration services at Croydon Hospital
Over the last six months, SWLP has introduced two new fine needle aspiration (FNA) services at Croydon Hospital. Fine needle aspiration is a non-invasive technique where a thin needle is inserted into a mass to collect a sample.More